Senior Copywriter & Creative Strategist
We’re on the lookout for a Senior Creative Copywriter and strategic thinker to join our growing team.
We’re looking for someone a little different – a bit of a strategy / copy hybrid – ideally with experience in branding and retail. At Whippet, you’ll have bags of creative freedom and get to work with the top retail clients in the UK, lead on projects, campaigns, POS, branding, print, digital and more!
It’s not a very traditional role, but we’re not a traditional team of creatives…
What to expect?
We need someone who thinks creatively and writes brilliantly. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Take client briefs, both big and small, and translate them into exciting strategies, concepts and in-life, in-store experiences
- Take the lead role on projects/clients with heaps of creative freedom. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with different people and departments – from Design through to Client Service
- Present and create for some of the biggest retail and hospitality clients in the UK, including M&S Food, M&S Bank, Holland & Barrett, Bensons for Beds, Frankie & Benny’s, Iceland, Tesco Mobile and many more
- Champion conceptual thinking and creative
- You’ll need to be flexible with attention to detail, juggling different projects with different business problems to find solutions – no two days are ever the same
- From a traditional copy perspective: you’ll have all the wordsmithery down: short copy, long copy, across all kinds of channels, naming briefs, seasonal campaigns, print, digital, in-store POS, manifestos and of course, TOV
- From a strategic perspective, you’ll be untangling knotty briefs and solving problems: proposition and positioning pieces, competitor research, customer journeys, communication hierarchies, and laying solid foundations for brand identity
- At the heart of it all, you’ll need to be a storyteller – as skilled at guiding customers on a journey in store or digitally, as you are guiding clients through a narrative, and piece of thinking in a strategy deck
Like the sound of the role? Let’s chat…
If you’ve got a portfolio full of strong ideas executed to the highest standard, a passion for branding and all things beautiful, and obsessive attention to detail, then get in touch.
Send us your CV and portfolio with a cover letter including your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org